Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Karma in Twitter-world

Follow everyone who follows you.
This is one piece of advice I recently received from a more advanced social media user. 

I was reluctant to give in. Why do I want to follow the stay-at-home mom who loves making money from her computer? I don't care, even if I can do it too (mind you, the making money part, not the mom part)!

But then, DJ change posted a link about why following your followers makes sense and is a good idea. 

So, finally, I gave in to the true-spirit of Twitter and went through my list of followers today and followed most everyone who is following me. I still chose not to follow that money-makin' stay-at-home mom. It just didn't seem right. 

And I'm hoping that by extending the list of people I'm currently following, maybe my list of followers will also grow. Now that's Karma.

Note that everyone I follow is on a trial basis (unless I personally know you!). If the only topics you tweet about are finance or sports, I'm not interested. So why should I pretend to care?

Also, celebrities that I currently follow - watch out! If you don't start following me, let this be your warning that I may drop you at any second (super threatening, right?).

Afterall, if I'm an aspiring tweetologist, I need to follow as many people as I can. It takes all sorts and I need to get to know them all. 

This isn't about me. It's about Tweetology.




No comments:

Post a Comment